North Shore Congregation Israel
North Shore Congregation Israel was started in 1920 and is the oldest Congregation in the North Shore Suburbs. In 1964 NSCI moved the Synagogue to its current lakefront location. The Synagogue building was designed by Minoru Yamasaki and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
expanding a historical site
Terra Consulting Group provided the civil engineering design when the Synagogue was expanded to include an outdoor amphitheater steps away from Lake Michigan.
In 2011 NSCI hired Terra to design and manage the reconstruction of their entire 3.6 acre parking lot. In addition to the new pavement, Terra provided design solutions to address erosion of two very deep drainage ravines that define the boundary limits of the property. Our project team designed and upgraded the 50-year old electrical system to accommodate a new state of the art LED lighting system with 44 pole & bollards fixtures.
Permits for these projects were required by the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago, Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Illinois Department of Transportation, and the Village of Glencoe.